Jill over at Universal Musings has some great answers to this quiz, here are mine.
- (X ) Shot a gun- I had a man target posted over my bed when I was single and living alone. It had an absolutely fabulous grouping. You had to go through the bedroom to use the bathroom, no one ever seemed to notice it though. Even then I had an off beat sense of humor. For our 2nd date with my son’s dad, he took me target shooting. I was a better shot than him, I think that’s when he fell in love.
- (x) Gone on a blind date – my car pool partner in college set me up on a double date, her boyfriend paid too much attention to me, so I lost my space in her car.
- (x) Skipped school – yup, but only in high school. I used to not go in the morning, then show up after lunch and talk the secretary into letting me in without a note. A couple of times I went to San Francisco on the bus instead of class.
(X ) Watched someone die – unfortunately
(x) Visited Canada – When my mom was pregnant with my little sister, I think she needed a break. So my dad took the other 4 kids on a road trip, towing a trailer. I broke my glasses on a ride at a fair in Vancouver so much of the return is a blur.
- ( ) Visited Hawaii – not interested
(X ) Visited Cuba- lived there from 9 months old to 3 years old.
( ) Visited Europe- This is something I really want to do
(X ) Visited South America Ecuador
(x) Visited Las Vegas I not only visited, I lived there, and had a child there
( ) Visited Central America- Panama
() Visited Asia- on my real bucket list
( ) Visited Africa
(x) Visited Florida- I went when I was 21 to meet my mother’s cousins who lived there. Also we lived there for a little while when I was a toddler.
( X) Visited Mexico – once, then I moved here
() Uh, why isn’t Australia on the list?- dunno, but I’d like to go there too.
(x) Seen the Grand Canyon in person – yup, when I moved from Las Vegas to Arizona
() Flown in a helicopter – don’t want to either, but I took flying lessons (airplane) when I was 15
() Served on a jury –
- (x) Been lost – I have no sense of direction, but I am really good at reading maps
(x) Traveled to the opposite side of the country- moved from New York to California by car
() Visited Washington, DC –
(x) Swam in the Ocean– both of them
(x) Cried yourself to sleep see answer #4
(x) Played cops and robbers
(x) Played cowboys and Indians –
(X ) Recently colored with crayons – and you are surprised because?
( ) Sang karaoke- no I am not so mean as to do that to drunk people
( ) Sang a solo or duet in church – pardon me while I stop laughing, I’d do it but no one else would enjoy it.
(X ) Paid for a meal with coins only – I do it all the time here
(X ) Made prank phone calls My friend, Patsy and I, used to call people and tell them they had won a chicken dinner then order them one. We were 12 so I doubt that any of those dinners were delivered.
(x) Laughed until some beverage came out of your nose- who hasn’t?
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(x) Had children in three different states, good thing I stopped moving around.
(x) Had a pet
( X) Been skinny-dipping that’s what all these high walls are for
(x) Been fishing took my son to a trout farm when he was little
() Been boating
( ) Been Downhill Skiing
( ) Been water skiing
(x) Been camping in a trailer/RV see answer #5
(x) Been camping in a tent- too many times to mention, especially during Ren Faire
( ) Driven a motorcycle- I’ve ridden on the back of lots of them
( ) Been bungee-jumping – no way, I am not going parachuting either
(x) Gone to a drive-in movie – my standard date in high school, we used to park the pick up backwards and sit on a mattress in the back.
(x) Done something that could have killed you- Among other things, I accidentally brushed my teeth with Nair once. I was sober too.
- ( ) Done something that you will regret for the rest of your life- I try not to have regrets, well maybe the brushing my teeth with Nair incident.
( x) Rode an elephant –at the county fair
( X) Rode a camel – at the county fair
(x) Eaten just cookies or cake or ice cream for dinner – probably, but not recently
(x) Been on TV – been living scenery several times for various Renaissance Faires. Once got interviewed for Dickens’ Fair when we were still at the pier. Or rather Josephine Eulalia Kennedy Hawkins was interviewed, since I was in character
( ) Stolen any traffic signs- no, but I did own one
(x) Been in a car accident and I got hit by a bus once
(X ) Been in the Hospital in past 24 months– yup
( ) Donated blood– tried to but they wouldn’t let me
( ) Gotten a (speeding) or any other type of ticket in the past 12 months- I no longer have a driver’s licence.
(x) Gotten a piercing (ears count)
( ) Gotten a Tattoo –
(x) Driven a manual transmission vehicle – cars and buses
() Ever owned your dream car – I don’t have a dream car, but I’d like to own a horse and carriage
(x) Been Married
(x) Been divorced
(x) Fell in love
(x) Fell out of love
(X ) Paid for a strangers meal
( ) Driven over 120 mph – not even in an airplane, I don’t do fast
() Been scuba diving –
(x ) Written a published book/story/poetry – you can buy them here
(x) Eaten snails – I see snails as an excuse to eat garlic butter, and who doesn’t like garlic butter?