- Peel yucca, cut into pieces and cook in water until slightly soft. Do not over cook.
- Grind while warm and knead with oil and salt until the batter is soft but firm.
- Form balls with the yucca, flatten it, add one tablespoon of the filling and close it, giving it an elongated form (cylinder shape).
- Heat the oil and fry the fritters until brown.
- Remove from oil and drain excess oil by placing them on a paper towel
1/4 cup oil (aceite)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions (cebollas)
2 finely chopped garlic cloves (dientes de ajo)
1 chopped bell pepper (pementòn or aji)
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped hot pepper**
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (cumino molido)
1 pound ground beef (carne res molido)
2 tablespoons tomato paste*** (pasta de tomate)
1 teaspoon salt (sal)
- Heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic and bell pepper.
- Add the hot pepper, cumin and meat.
- Mix the mixture with a fork until the meat is loosened.
- Add the tomato paste and salt.
- remove from stove