My sewing studio update stalled for awhile. I got enough done so I could sew and took a rest. Six months is probably a little excessive, even bears don’t hibernate that long. On Monday, I decided to tackle the job again, I decided that I would spend an hour and then stop. An hour seems a manageable and reasonable amount time. Right?
I started at 8 am, when I looked up at the clock again, it was noon. The huge pile of boxes hidden behind my dressing screen got attacked first. Then the mountain of unidentifiable stuff on top of my dresser.
This before photo actually doesn’t show the whole mess, but that’s enough so you get the idea.
That giant garbage bag is full of random useless scraps, broken parts, and torn pattern pieces.
One of the things I accomplished last year, but haven’t shared with you, is how I organized the drawers in the dresser.
Using boxes from my
hoard collection, I first painted them to match the floor. Originally, I had planned on displaying the boxes on shelves but storing them in the drawers actually worked better. I also used some other smaller and or narrower boxes to fit all my stuff. I cut cardboard cards to fit inside the boxes, using the flaps from the boxes first. I’m doing pretty well at my vow to use up what I have before buying more.