Looking for a grain-free dessert, I found this recipe for lemon bars. In tune with my theme of using what I have, I made grain-free sour orange bars instead of lemon bars. I cut the recipe in half and substituted stevia for the honey.
If I was making this to share, I’d double the recipe.
Sour Orange Bars
- ½ cup fresh sour orange juice
- 6 packets stevia
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- combine stevia and sour orange juice
- add eggs to blender, blend on mix until slightly beaten
- add stevia/sour orange juice mix to eggs in blender, blend until combined but not frothy
- Pour egg mixture into a double boiler over medium heat
- slowly add coconut oil while mixing with a wooden spoon
- When mixture thickens, remove from heat
- pour over prepared crust in baking pan
- cool in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving
Calories: 173 Fat: 17g Sodium: 53mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 159mg