My studio combination sewing room re-do has been underway for what feels like months. It’s no secret that I am
otherly organized, easily distracted, okay, okay, messy. My studio started to get out of control back when we had most the interior walls of the house repainted. I had the brilliant idea to take everything out of the kitchen and only return those things as I needed them, that way I would weed out the extra and unnecessary items. I gave all the stuff a year to prove that they deserved to stick around. Some of it managed to find it’s way back into the kitchen, quite a lot went to the IWC garage sale, then I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Most of my life went on hold, including this blog and my hundreds of projects.
Our bedroom wall has been half painted for so long it’s now a feature, I doubt that I can match what I originally did.
I did do some sewing but commandeered our dining room. Husband is pretty patient but he eventually got tired of our table being unavailable to eat upon and I couldn’t convince him to view the piles of fabric as a decorative feature. Which is what prompted me to tackle the studio sewing room re-do. I would look in there, be overwhelmed, and shut the door. Since I could no longer ignore it, plus I started feeling better and nothing gets me excited more than a new decorating challenge. I declined Husband’s offer to deal with it all for me and dug in. I am proud to say that the dining room once again, resembles a place where people would chose to eat, though several of the chairs seem to have mysteriously vanished.
The color palette for the room is taken from the tile on the floor, since I can’t change that. The walls are oyster now, though I am thinking about redoing some of the stencils. Finding fabric in my colors was difficult, fortunately, Telas Parasina got in a line of coordinating poly cottons that contained the mint and a shade of red in the ox blood family. I also got some really cool home dec fabrics.
It’s still not done, it’s about 70% but I am now using the space and it’s starting to look pretty good. For the first time ever, I have a cutting table! My biggest challenge has been organizing my fabric and my new cutting table is part of the solution.
I can’t wait to share the rest of the studio sewing room re-do with you.