Home / Tag Archives: diet and nutrition

Tag Archives: diet and nutrition

Feed Subscription

The 80-20 food rule, a cure for Orthorexia nervosa

Apparently there aren’t enough eating disorders, I discovered a new one, Orthorexia nervosa,   a term which literally means  fixation on righteous eating.  I totally get it,I understand how easy it would be to slip into this sort of behavior. Which is why I firmly believe in the 80-20  food rule. The 80-20 food rule in it’s simplest form is  eat according to plan 80% of the time but don’t worry if you deviate the other 20% . This doesn’t mean eat peanuts if they are going to put you into anaphylactic shock, even if you always carry an epipen. It does mean, if you’re at Abuela’s  house and she offers you her specialty, croquetas de pollo ;don’t start lecturing her about how she should substitute  pork rinds for the bread crumbs instead eat one or two. It’s okay. You don’t want to be that person.  You know who I mean. It’s one thing is to ask for extra vegetables instead of ...

Read More »

Left scratching my head

Is critical thinking no longer a required course in college? Have people gotten to the point where someone says something outrageous and no one questions it? No wonder our so called news sources and politicians feel free to just say what ever comes to their minds no one stops to do the math any more! Being somewhat obsessed with food and diet these days, I follow diet and nutrition links that sound promising. Most of the so called advice online is the same stuff repackaged. Occasionally it’s something new. Most of it is forgotten almost before my screen has a chance to change. However, I watched a video some time ago that stuck with me. A woman was espousing veganism during a mock interview. The guest stated that calorie for calorie romaine lettuce had just as much protein as steak. The skinny interviewer brain dead from either a lack of protein or fat in her diet just accepted this tidbit ...

Read More »
Scroll To Top